Barry McGee Mural on Houston and Bowery
Here are some links to more work by artists whose drawings I will be showing in class this week:
- Barry McGee on Art21, PBS
- Amy Sillman, A Shape that Stands up and Listens: New Drawings, 2012
- Bruno Fazzolari, Lamp Black: ink on magazine pages, Gallery Paule Anglim, San Francisco, 2013
- Takashi Murakami, Super Nova can be seen at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Gehrard Richter drawings
- Jean-Michel Basquiat at the Gagosian Gallery: Inner Demons, Exorcised With Paint, New York Times review, February 21, 2013
For a historical take on Linear Perspective and a video discussing Brunelleschi’s experiment, see this page on the Smarthistory website.
Study this drawing in relation to our upcoming ‘clustering lines’ exercises. There was an article about Leonardo da Vinci’s notebooks published this weekend in the Guardian. The notebooks have been fully digitized and made available online by the British Library in London.